Your thoughts?  

RSS

nightshade
Trusted Scholar
27/11/2016 5:59 pm  

Well done to Paranormal Scholar for making such a wonderful and insightful mini-documentary on the Anneliese Michel case.

I was looking forward to the video and I can honestly say I am very pleased with the research you put into this case.

I learned a lot of things I didn't know about Anneliese Michel. It was very intriguing to find out what kind of person she was and her life in slight depth before the whole 'possession' thing. I was glad of it since every other video I've seen about Anneliese seems to just skim over some trivial facts about her before talking about the possession. It was good to see more focus on who she really was and what her life and health was really like and what could have really contributed to her supposed possession.

I watched the mini-doc with an open mind all the way, although considering the facts gathered, I still have my doubts about a possession actually taking place. My opinion is that the extreme health problems Anneliese suffered from had a major impact on her mental health. 

I just wondered what others thought about the video? Do you strongly believe Anneliese was possessed or do you think there was a more scientific medical problem with her? 

Do you think it was right to prosecute the parents and priest?

Edited: 1 year  ago

"It's because you got no guts. Oh, how embarrassing... there they are. They were inside you the whole time. You did have guts. I've never been so wrong in my whole life!"

ReplyQuote
The Paranormal Scholar
Trusted Scholar Admin
27/11/2016 6:11 pm  

Thank you!

The case of Anneliese Michel is truly mysterious. We wanted to uncover the human side of the story. All too often people overlook the tragedy of what occurred: regardless of the reasons, a bright young woman lost her life, and left her family distraught.

Her medical history does add an interesting dimension to the case. It could be that her 'possession' was the culmination of several different illnesses - physical and mental. It is rare for something to reach such an extreme, but, that being said, Anneliese's story is rare. 

The involvement of the Church is another element of interest. The priests were very cautious about getting involved, and delayed exorcism in order to ascertain whether or not it was truly necessary. Indeed, Anneliese knew Father Alt for a couple of years before the decision was reached. In a climate of rationality, even in religious matters, the case must have been truly extraordinary for the priests to pursue that option.

In regards to the court case and its outcome, it is intriguing to discuss how the sentence handed out by the judge was harsher than the one which was sought by the prosecution (who had wanted the priests to pay a fine, and the parents to be found guilty but without punishment). Why did the judge decide on the harsher sentences? Had the family not suffered enough?

- going beyond the scope of accepted scientific understanding -

nightshade liked
ReplyQuote
nightshade
Trusted Scholar
28/11/2016 1:39 pm  

It is truly heartbreaking to think what the family went through as well as Anneliese, and I think in a way I can't really blame the parents for thinking that their daughter was possessed. 

I think they were just desperate to find out what was wrong with their daughter and trying to find answers any way they could, causing them to come to the conclusion she must have been possessed. Since they probably couldn't recognise their daughter physically or personality-wise, it probably seemed even the more likely to them that she was being possessed. I think people need to understand the mental stress the parents would have been under too.

It really is a shame.

"It's because you got no guts. Oh, how embarrassing... there they are. They were inside you the whole time. You did have guts. I've never been so wrong in my whole life!"

ReplyQuote
scarygothgirl
Eminent Scholar
12/03/2017 12:28 pm  

I find it concerning that the priests didn't pick up on Anneliese's visions being in opposition to the Christian faith, and that makes me wonder if they really did have the correct motives or not. 

www.Ungendered.com - We care about what's in a person's heart, not their pants!

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register