Shadow People Experiences  

RSS

nightshade
Trusted Scholar
06/11/2016 7:32 pm  

Has anyone ever had a Shadow Person experience? I don't mean night terrors or sleep paralysis, I mean that you were wide awake and able to move about etc. I have had an experience of a Shadow Man standing in my doorway but it wasn't as though I was asleep. I could move about, and I spoke to him because I thought it was my brother standing there but it wasn't. After I spoke to it, it just stayed silent and then silently walked away. It was really bizarre. I didn't really get a horrible feeling or eerie vibe or anything from it when it happened, but after I found out it wasn't my brother, that's when it frightened me. 

People have their own beliefs about what these things are, but mine seems I suppose a little bit scientific. Since I am a total science geek, I watch a lot of shows particularly ones with the great Physicist Michio Kaku. It is said there are 11 dimensions, obviously many we cannot see, although they ARE there, right next to us and we don't know it. 

I've thought, what if Shadow People are actually people/beings that live in one of these dimensions we can't see, but somehow get a glimpse of them. Maybe sometimes they see us and sometimes they don't. Maybe even they know how to travel back and forth between their own dimension and ours. 

Who knows. But it really does fascinate me. 

Anyone got any thoughts on what you think they might be? Or have you had an experience/s with them? I'd be interested to read your story or opinion on what you think they are.

"It's because you got no guts. Oh, how embarrassing... there they are. They were inside you the whole time. You did have guts. I've never been so wrong in my whole life!"

ReplyQuote
Birdman
Active Scholar
06/11/2016 10:34 pm  

I´ve heard about shadow figures that people see, but don´t think this is the case you are talking about. I know that a lot of people have experienced some presence beside them, but the only thing they could actually see from the corner of their eye is some kind of dark flicker that disappears once the person turns his head. I had that feeling as well a couple of times (mostly when I was alone at home) but never took it serious.

What you are saying is actually much scarier and I definitely wouldn´t what to be a guy who sees anything like this.

Edited: 10 months  ago

Suddenly I felt like a man; but then I turned around and found out that my wings are broken.

ReplyQuote
nightshade
Trusted Scholar
07/11/2016 1:06 am  

All this time I always thought it was a shadow person I was seeing. So... it's something else altogether it seems? Hmm... now I feel uneasy, since I always thought I had a feeling it was a shadow man, but what else it could have been I hope I never know then. 

It's hard to imagine that what I experienced is much scarier than being unable to move a muscle, since the thought of that terrifies me to no end, but since it happened just over 3 years ago and has never happened since, I hope it never does again.

Edited: 10 months  ago

"It's because you got no guts. Oh, how embarrassing... there they are. They were inside you the whole time. You did have guts. I've never been so wrong in my whole life!"

ReplyQuote
The Paranormal Scholar
Trusted Scholar Admin
18/11/2016 3:16 pm  
My other half, and subsequently the other half of the Paranormal Scholar, did have an experience with a shadow person of sorts. (I narrated it during one of our True Paranormal Stories episodes.) I have never experienced anything like this myself, but hearing a loved one recall such a story to you really does make you wonder. 
Posted by: nightshade

People have their own beliefs about what these things are, but mine seems I suppose a little bit scientific. Since I am a total science geek, I watch a lot of shows particularly ones with the great Physicist Michio Kaku. It is said there are 11 dimensions, obviously many we cannot see, although they ARE there, right next to us and we don't know it. 

I've thought, what if Shadow People are actually people/beings that live in one of these dimensions we can't see, but somehow get a glimpse of them.

I do like this theory, and have often contemplated myself whether the paranormal (not just shadow people, but ghosts etc.) can be explained in such a way. What if there are different planes of reality that rub alongside each other? Perhaps certain locations are more likely to produce a 'leak' from one layer of existence to another.

To stretch this idea a little further, what happens is death is merely a transition from one layer to another... 'the other side'. That would explain why people report encountering 'ghosts' of their loved ones: their consciousness has moved over to another plane of existence, where they now live. Such a theory really does put us beyond the realm of accepted science, but I do enjoy the rumination!

- going beyond the scope of accepted scientific understanding -

nightshade liked
ReplyQuote
nightshade
Trusted Scholar
27/11/2016 4:39 pm  

Wow, that would be amazing! I just wish there was a way we could actually truly scientifically study this phenomenon. I do find it baffling that people from all walks of life around the world from different countries and cultures, report seeing the exact same thing. I just think it's so bizarre.

Like the 'Hat Man'. Why is it that people always see this being wearing what seems like a hat? I find it fascinating that thousands of people report the same thing. It baffles me completely.

ReplyQuote
The Paranormal Scholar
Trusted Scholar Admin
27/11/2016 5:23 pm  
Posted by: nightshade

I do find it baffling that people from all walks of life around the world from different countries and cultures, report seeing the exact same thing. I just think it's so bizarre.

Such is the case with a lot of reported paranormal experiences. It really does make you wonder if there is a greater truth out there. Unfortunately, the paranormal is not an exact science, and is not taken seriously by mainstream society. As such, true investigations are difficult. A problem which is made all the more frustrating by those who obscure evidence in order to sensationalise the horror aspect of the paranormal.

ReplyQuote
nightshade
Trusted Scholar
28/11/2016 12:27 pm  

I really do think there is another truth out there within our grasp but we just can't quite reach. It's a shame really that there is so many layers to the universe yet there are only so many things we can possibly do, since physics restricts us. 

Very frustrating lol.

ReplyQuote
carlos2200
Novice Scholar
14/03/2017 1:10 am  

I just want to share my experience with a shadow person when I was a child .This was back in the late '70s and as being either 3 or 4 my parents bought me a flashlight so I could get up and go to the restroom by myself without having to bump or trip into furniture on the way since I was too short to reach the light switch. We lived in a single wide trailer then. One morning I had to go and as I was told to do I grabbed my light and like every kid back the loved to wield my flashlight like I was Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker with a light saber while being careful not waking up my mom or dad who were asleep towards to far end of our home. My brother and I shared a room at the other end and he stayed in his crib. I get pass the living room and into the kitchen and in the dark the kitchen with cheap wood paneling and avocado green fridge just seemed kinda cool with a yellow counter top and a glass pitcher on the counter we used for kool-aid or Hawaiin Punch. It was our home. I am typing all this because this specific night is still etched in my head meaning I have always thought about that night for almost 40 years. I loved it there because it was our home and my pretty next door neighbor was a red headed cute girl my age, too! Anyways back to point. With the fridge to the left of me and passing the kitchen table on my right I walk into the hallway where the restroom door is on my left and futher down is my parents room door facing me. As I shine my flashlight down the narrow hall I see a silhouette shadow figure at the end of my beam on the wall.At first I just stare at it and move the flashlights beam around and the shadow stretches like as if I was shining the light around a solid object but there was nothing there.I remeber the shape of the head well to this day. It was like it had a bowl haircut or a bowl on it. The body was like a childs body. After realizing that there was no way that this could be happening I made a run for it straight back to my room whether I had to go or not! I got into my bed and covered up under my blanket and not realizing it wet myself. I was so afraid that I probably would have peed even if I had made it to the toilet. Needless to say the next morning my mom was upset at me and thought I peed in my sleep . I didn't know if she would believe me or not so I never did say. In later days when I could find it in myself to go walking around at night to go the restroom I tried to see if I could see the shadowy figure agin but it never showed itself again. I was a bit relieved(no pun intended) but still disturbed to this day about it. I have many questions about them and they are the same as what everyone asks about ghosts, aliens and other supernatural beings.

ReplyQuote
The Paranormal Scholar
Trusted Scholar Admin
27/03/2017 11:56 am  

Thank you for sharing your experience, carlos2200.

The more we research the paranormal, the more we realise how common shadow people encounters are. Are they ghosts? Are they aliens? Are they (as I suggest earlier in this thread) some kind of leak over from another plain of existence? So many questions. So few answers.

I wish that there was a way to test this out. But, as you point out, you never saw the shadowy figure again. Getting them to reappear for the sake of a test would be a problem. And, even then, how does one communicate with such a thing? Is it all a trick of the eye? It is such a bizarre topic. We would love to do more research about it in the future. Especially in regards to the 'Hat Man'.

Thank you again for sharing.

nightshade liked
ReplyQuote
Daisy
Novice Scholar
28/03/2017 7:10 pm  

For many years I suffered visits from the Hag, and dark men. They never came together. The Hag was always alone, but not always visible. The dark men were always three in number. I never saw them arrive. I would just awake to their presence around me. The men filled me with dread, but it was the Hag that I lived in fear of.

The men never touched me. The Hag always did. She would put great pressure on my body. Driving it into the mattress. She would often start at my feet. Pressing them down, looking at me, sometimes laughing, often wispering foulness. Then she would release, and move up my body. Pushing and holding my thighs, then hips, arms, then stomach, ending with my chest.

She built my terror slowly and then stopped my breathing by sitting on my chest. Whispering in my ear, curses and evilness. It was always worse when I couldn't see her. I lay, blood pumping, eyes bulging, straining for breath. When at last I broke her spell and gasped for air, she disappeared. Not left, but vanished as though never existing. 

These things caused me to fear sleep and doubt my sanity. I am thankful always, that they are gone, and fearful always that they will return.

ReplyQuote
nightshade
Trusted Scholar
02/04/2017 6:10 pm  

Carlos2200 

That sounds horrible. I'm glad it has never happened to you again. One thing that also fascinates me about these cases is how many children it affects. Obviously children have nightmares etc, but it's the fact that it really isn't nightmares.

In the documentary 'The Nightmare' directed by Rodney Ascher there are accounts of people having seeing these terrible things from the age of at least 2 years. Now in my opinion, how does a 2 year old's imagination become THAT inclined to terrorise them? I think there is definitely something to it all.

I highly recommend the documentary. Just listening to these peoples' experiences is enough to make anyone question reality.

Daisy

That sounds utterly terrifying! I have heard of the Old Hag and it is also popular for people to see a group of these 'men' together, not always one. The thought of it is blood-curdling.

I really hope it doesn't come back to you. Just do your utmost best to never think about it when going to sleep in case you actually cause it on yourself out of fear. 

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register