Nelson Mandela's Death in the 1980s  

RSS

The Paranormal Scholar
Trusted Scholar Admin
04/01/2017 1:34 pm  

When the term 'Mandela Effect' was coined by Fiona Broome in 2010, she did so in reference to the claimed shared memory of many of Nelson Mandela dying whilst in prison in the 1980s. In reality, Mandela died in 2013.

Has anyone heard of this bizarre phenomena? And, more curiously, does anyone remember Nelson Mandela dying sometime in the 1980s?

- going beyond the scope of accepted scientific understanding -

ReplyQuote
nightshade
Trusted Scholar
05/01/2017 9:29 pm  

I'm going to be completely honest - I had never even heard of the Mandela Effect until a couple of months ago and I can also honestly say that I thought Mandela had died in the 1990s. I don't even really know what makes me think this but just for some reason that's what I thought had happened, until a news report back in 2013 stated that he had just died. In my mind, I thought: What? I thought he died years ago not long after getting out of prison. I didn't think he had died IN prison like others seem to remember but for some reason I thought it was not long after he got out. I don't know, it's bizarre.

"It's because you got no guts. Oh, how embarrassing... there they are. They were inside you the whole time. You did have guts. I've never been so wrong in my whole life!"

ReplyQuote
The Paranormal Scholar
Trusted Scholar Admin
05/01/2017 10:43 pm  

It is interesting to read that you have experienced this in some way. For some people, which is truly disturbing, the memory is not just a passing recollection, or a piece of knowledge you just happen to have. No - some people can vividly recall televised funeral processions and memorial services. This is when misremembering a fact or date morphs into something entirely different. How can one even begin to explain that?

The Mandela Effect is quite a chilling topic.

- going beyond the scope of accepted scientific understanding -

nightshade liked
ReplyQuote
nightshade
Trusted Scholar
10/01/2017 1:56 pm  

Wow. Actually remembering a televised funeral etc really is chilling.

I wonder if this is a complexity of the human brain? Maybe it's more common than we think for the brain to hard wire false memories, even very vivid ones. Perhaps these memories become more vivid if people say they have the same ones - making it seem more believable that it actually happened. 

Maybe it's a mass hysteria-type thing for the brain who knows lol. 

Whatever it really is, it is very strange indeed.

"It's because you got no guts. Oh, how embarrassing... there they are. They were inside you the whole time. You did have guts. I've never been so wrong in my whole life!"

ReplyQuote
scarygothgirl
Active Scholar
08/04/2017 2:12 pm  

False memories are very common. It's quite a serious issue as it effects eyewitness testimony in courts. People have been found wrongly guilty or wrongly set free based on false memories than eyewitnesses honestly believe. False memories are even often believed more strongly than true memories.

www.Ungendered.com - We care about what's in a person's heart, not their pants!

ReplyQuote
nightshade
Trusted Scholar
10/04/2017 7:26 pm  
Posted by: scarygothgirl

False memories are very common. It's quite a serious issue as it effects eyewitness testimony in courts. People have been found wrongly guilty or wrongly set free based on false memories than eyewitnesses honestly believe. False memories are even often believed more strongly than true memories.

I do believe false memories are more common than we thought. I actually found a channel on YouTube where a guy is dedicated to studying the Mandela Effect and uploads new Mandela Effects every week or so. 

Not that I believe all of what he uploads or talks about actually IS a Mandela Effect though. Some of it just seems like information some people have gotten wrong over the years.

Here's his channel:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy-nsONotW5NCQA9Fnxvn3g/videos

And if you're looking for at least some scientific explanations for ME, here's a good video I came across the other day:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN_qT6V5CIg

Edited: 6 months  ago

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register