Bigfoot, Yeti, Sasquatch...  

RSS

nightshade
Trusted Scholar
07/11/2016 2:34 am  

Hi. Anyone have any interest in the Bigfoot phenomenon? If so, what is your thoughts on it?

I do believe there are creatures/animals out there yet to be discovered and hiding right under our noses, since hundreds of new animals and species of animals are being discovered every day.

I think 'Bigfoot' could be one of them. The only thing that bothers me is, why haven't they ever found a cadaver anywhere? Hmm...

I don't think Bigfoot exactly steps outside the realm of possibility, it may just be a matter of time before a cadaver is discovered perhaps...

"It's because you got no guts. Oh, how embarrassing... there they are. They were inside you the whole time. You did have guts. I've never been so wrong in my whole life!"

ReplyQuote
The Paranormal Scholar
Trusted Scholar Admin
07/11/2016 8:41 am  

Bigfoot is an interesting case. One which often gets dismissed as too far-fetched, even in paranormal circles. However, with so many reports, eye-witness testimonies and foot-print casts it is difficult to completely dismiss Bigfoot as nonsense. 

You make an interesting point in regards to the discovery of new species. By the standards of history, the formal discovery of the gorilla was quite late. The first scientific description dates to the mid-1800s. However, it was not until the 1920s that the first proper study was conducted. At the time, I imagine the idea of a gorilla was quite bizarre to an unknowing society.

As for the absence of cadavers, the swathes of forest in which these creatures are supposed to live are just so vast that it is not unbelievable. For example, wolves and vultures (or other predators and scavengers) may be responsible for disposing of the bodies. Or, simply the natural course of decomposition before a human can discover the body. Or, something else to consider.... how like humans are Sasquatch? Can we go so far to say that they bury their dead? When discussing these sorts of unknown factors, anything becomes possible.

- going beyond the scope of accepted scientific understanding -

nightshade liked
ReplyQuote
Birdman
Active Scholar
07/11/2016 1:20 pm  
Posted by: nightshade

The only thing that bothers me is, why haven't they ever found a cadaver anywhere?

Maybe they have some sort of special ritual and bury their dead like elephants, who knows? 🙂

Suddenly I felt like a man; but then I turned around and found out that my wings are broken.

ReplyQuote
Birdman
Active Scholar
07/11/2016 1:37 pm  

I was always on the side of people who believe in existence of Bigfoot. I remember how Patterson-Gimlin film impressed me the first time I watched it. But then I watched a couple of documentaries about Bigfoot and in one of those appeared a man who made giant shoes with simian sole to walk around and to make believe other people that Bigfoot lives in that area. It was ridiculous. I imagine how many people do things like this trying to confuse the investigators, so in the end you don´t know what is true or just a hoax.

Suddenly I felt like a man; but then I turned around and found out that my wings are broken.

ReplyQuote
nightshade
Trusted Scholar
07/11/2016 2:15 pm  
Posted by: The Paranormal Scholar

Bigfoot is an interesting case. One which often gets dismissed as too far-fetched, even in paranormal circles. However, with so many reports, eye-witness testimonies and foot-print casts it is difficult to completely dismiss Bigfoot as nonsense. 

You make an interesting point in regards to the discovery of new species. By the standards of history, the formal discovery of the gorilla was quite late. The first scientific description dates to the mid-1800s. However, it was not until the 1920s that the first proper study was conducted. At the time, I imagine the idea of a gorilla was quite bizarre to an unknowing society.

As for the absence of cadavers, the swathes of forest in which these creatures are supposed to live are just so vast that it is not unbelievable. For example, wolves and vultures (or other predators and scavengers) may be responsible for disposing of the bodies. Or, simply the natural course of decomposition before a human can discover the body. Or, something else to consider.... how like humans are Sasquatch? Can we go so far to say that they bury their dead? When discussing these sorts of unknown factors, anything becomes possible.

Oh, yes, I remember reading about the late discovery of the Gorilla. I remember reading that people back then remember seeing something huge and hairy in forests etc and believed it to be a monster. Rings a bell with the Bigfoot situation. Maybe history repeating itself? lol

Also, the Patterson-Gimlin footage, I am on the fence about. I do remember watching a documentary on Bigfoot a long while ago and there was a man being interviewed who said that he knew Patterson and that he had confessed to him that it was a hoax in order to try and get a bit of cash as Patterson was struggling very badly to provide for his family.

I'm not saying I believe this guy, since Patterson isn't here to defend himself and say "I never told him that" - it could easily be true what the guy said but it could also be easily a lie in order to debunk the footage or Bigfoot altogether or dampen Patterson's name. Who knows.

If you enjoy the found footage type of movie, there is one called 'Willow Creek' and it's all about Bigfoot. I watched it a few weeks ago - it wasn't really amazing, but watchable nonetheless. 

"It's because you got no guts. Oh, how embarrassing... there they are. They were inside you the whole time. You did have guts. I've never been so wrong in my whole life!"

ReplyQuote
The Paranormal Scholar
Trusted Scholar Admin
10/11/2016 3:50 pm  
Posted by: nightshade

Also, the Patterson-Gimlin footage, I am on the fence about. I do remember watching a documentary on Bigfoot a long while ago and there was a man being interviewed who said that he knew Patterson and that he had confessed to him that it was a hoax in order to try and get a bit of cash as Patterson was struggling very badly to provide for his family.

I'm not saying I believe this guy, since Patterson isn't here to defend himself and say "I never told him that" - it could easily be true what the guy said but it could also be easily a lie in order to debunk the footage or Bigfoot altogether or dampen Patterson's name. Who knows.

A little later than the Patterson-Gimlin footage were the Sierra Sounds. A linguistics expert has since described the sounds as akin to some sort of intelligible language. Yet, another expert, a professor, has stated that the sounds do not come from any known animal.

It is interesting that these two pieces of 'classic Bigfoot evidence' appeared within a few years of one another. Are they both genuine pieces of evidence for the existence of Sasquatch? Or, was Bigfoot a symptom of the late 1960s - early 1970s? If so, why? Did the second piece of 'evidence' hope to profit from the success of the first? There are many questions which the Sierra Sounds, and the footage combined, pose. 

Edited: 10 months  ago

- going beyond the scope of accepted scientific understanding -

ReplyQuote
nightshade
Trusted Scholar
12/11/2016 11:56 pm  

I do think there is something to the Sierra Sounds. It does peak my interest tbh, especially when there are experts providing their input on the case. Not that they can always be relied upon though lol. 

But the Sierra Sounds really are intriguing to say the least...

ReplyQuote
nightshade
Trusted Scholar
11/04/2017 10:52 pm  

$1 million reward...

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/306348/1m-is-being-offered-for-capture-of-bigfoot

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register