The Warrens  

RSS

scarygothgirl
Active Scholar
01/05/2017 4:57 pm  

I enjoyed your video on the real life Annabelle, and was particularly interested when you briefly touched on the debate surrounding the credibility of the Warrens as investigators. Would you consider doing a whole video looking into that debate? I would be interested to hear more from both sides. 

www.Ungendered.com - We care about what's in a person's heart, not their pants!

ReplyQuote
The Paranormal Scholar
Trusted Scholar Admin
08/05/2017 7:42 pm  

The Warrens certainly stir a lot of emotion regarding their credibility. A full video dedicated to this debate is something we would consider doing in the future. The Perron family's experience with the Warrens is also something we would love to cover, as it really portrays Ed and Lorraine in a different light.

Thanks for the suggestion. We are so pleased you enjoyed the Annabelle video!

- going beyond the scope of accepted scientific understanding -

nightshade liked
ReplyQuote
nightshade
Trusted Scholar
28/05/2017 4:18 pm  

To be honest, I question every psychic's credibility. It's something I just don't believe in I'm afraid. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ4uBqdLaXI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8EqdUYqlpY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vHS0dZl3OU

It's not something I just lightly disbelieve. I have done my own research and studied it from all angles but to me, I honestly don't think there is even one genuine psychic on this Earth.

James Randi, one of my personal idols, has debunked thousands of these so called psychics. He of course as you may or may not know, has officially offered a $1 million prize to anyone who can come to him and prove their "gift."

There are many psychics who say that they won't do the Randi challenge as doing it in exchange for money goes against their beliefs - even though the majority of them make a living from their supposed "gift." It has been suggested that they can use the money to donate to charities that help bereaved people but it still doesn't encourage them to take the test. 

Go figure. Hm.

"It's because you got no guts. Oh, how embarrassing... there they are. They were inside you the whole time. You did have guts. I've never been so wrong in my whole life!"

ReplyQuote
The Paranormal Scholar
Trusted Scholar Admin
31/05/2017 9:41 am  

There's an interesting passage or two in Richard Wiseman's Paranormality in regards to debunking mediumship. Cold reading certainly seems to explain away a lot of cases. And, unfortunately, monetary incentive does always add an extra element of doubt. We ourselves are on the fence: it is hard to judge from a distance. For our documentary, In Search of the Dead, we are hoping to speak with some mediums and hear their side of the story (as well as, fingers crossed, some academics too). 

- going beyond the scope of accepted scientific understanding -

nightshade liked
ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register