Introduction  

RSS

Raskolnikov725
Novice Scholar
11/11/2016 1:04 pm  

Hello, everyone.

I hope this post isn't a bother since no one seems to be doing introductions, but I just thought it would be standard practice. To be honest, this has got to the first ever forum I'll be actively participating in, quite a big leap since I've practically zero experience with forums beforehand.

What I really like about the Paranormal Scholar channel is its very academic approach to allegedly paranormal events, objects, and phenomena, which is something very lacking in other channels of its genre and really elevates it from the typical "story-telling" or "listing" channels.

My personal experiences with the paranormal are pretty much nonexistent, and I am generally skeptical/rational, but I am far from closed-minded and not at all averse to entertaining alternative theories. I love a good mystery, and can very much appreciate the historical and cultural impact myths, legends, and paranormal phenomena have on the world.

I'm looking forward to joining the discussions soon.

nightshade and Birdman liked
ReplyQuote
The Paranormal Scholar
Trusted Scholar Admin
11/11/2016 5:49 pm  

Welcome!

We are pleased to hear that you enjoy our approach to the paranormal, and that this forum has interested you! We really believe that this online space has great potential to generate genuinely thought-provoking discussions. The YouTube comment section does not adequately serve this purpose. Neither do many other paranormal forums which we have tentatively investigated. 

You make an excellent point in regards to the historical and cultural impact of the paranormal. This is something which intrigues us especially. 

We sincerely look forward to hearing from you more in the future and reading your input in forum discussion.

- going beyond the scope of accepted scientific understanding -

ReplyQuote
nightshade
Trusted Scholar
13/11/2016 12:17 am  
Posted by: Raskolnikov725

Hello, everyone.

I hope this post isn't a bother since no one seems to be doing introductions, but I just thought it would be standard practice. To be honest, this has got to the first ever forum I'll be actively participating in, quite a big leap since I've practically zero experience with forums beforehand.

What I really like about the Paranormal Scholar channel is its very academic approach to allegedly paranormal events, objects, and phenomena, which is something very lacking in other channels of its genre and really elevates it from the typical "story-telling" or "listing" channels.

My personal experiences with the paranormal are pretty much nonexistent, and I am generally skeptical/rational, but I am far from closed-minded and not at all averse to entertaining alternative theories. I love a good mystery, and can very much appreciate the historical and cultural impact myths, legends, and paranormal phenomena have on the world.

I'm looking forward to joining the discussions soon.

Hi. I am also a fan of The Paranormal Scholar due to their academic approach.

I will be honest and say I have experienced what I believe to be some paranormal events in my life, yet I am a very scientific person and enjoy trying to find scientific answers for strange mysterious things that happen. 

I'm definitely open minded as I believe we do live in a very mysterious universe and there are things we cannot understand or explain. I love a good mystery and I'll always entertain the idea that something beyond reasonable explanation could have happened, but I'll always want to look at it scientifically too if it's possible.

I understand exactly what you mean by other channels on YouTube being very closed-minded and just putting a paranormal story out there and accepting it as fact, rather than actually studying the facts. It can get very boring very quickly. Yet the ones who just believe the paranormal stories right away before looking at the facts or doing their research call themselves 'open-minded' when they are very far from it lol since they seem to be incapable of listening to someone who may try to rationalise it.

Anyway, welcome to the Forums. I look forward to having many discussions with another open-minded academic. 🙂

"It's because you got no guts. Oh, how embarrassing... there they are. They were inside you the whole time. You did have guts. I've never been so wrong in my whole life!"

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register