Cordyceps Fungi  

RSS

nightshade
Trusted Scholar
14/02/2017 2:40 am  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKjBIBBAL8

Creepy spore invading the brain? Now that's a scary thought! Let's hope it won't ever happen to us humans.

Do you think it is possible that a virus could infect the human brain and cause a zombie-like outbreak?

I read that if, for example, the rabies virus were to mutate itself (which viruses are very clever at doing) then it is possible it could turn people zombie-like. Well, if it somehow became airborne it would infect much more people and a lot more quicker. 

"It's because you got no guts. Oh, how embarrassing... there they are. They were inside you the whole time. You did have guts. I've never been so wrong in my whole life!"

ReplyQuote
The Paranormal Scholar
Trusted ScholarAdmin
18/02/2017 8:23 am  

I remember watching that part of Planet Earth... it still creeps me out watching it a second time. I can deal with the paranormal and horror all day long... but never a brain-invading spore - ha!

If it already happens this way with ants, then surely it is not impossible for humans?

Now, this could all be an urban legend, but was there not an incident whereby one of the Disney parks in the USA had to be closed because of some sort of brain affecting fungi...?

This topic is all the more unsettling after reading an article from The Telegraph this morning about biological warfare. It seems like governments are not prepared in the slightest for an epidemic, either manufactured or naturally occurring. 

- going beyond the scope of accepted scientific understanding -

nightshade liked
ReplyQuote
nightshade
Trusted Scholar
19/02/2017 4:15 am  

Yeah, that whole Disney island thing well gave me the creeps when I first heard about it. It may well be an urban legend or not, but the fungi probably isn't lol which is what is creepy about it haha. 

Biological warfare is terrifying to even think about. It is such a real possibility. The anthrax letters of 2001 in the U.S. proved how easily it could happen.

The fact that governments may not be prepared at all for an outbreak is scary. My imagination leads along the road of entire cities etc being quarantined and complete martial law, people being shot for trying to escape the quarantined area. Even the military possibly firing missiles at highly infected areas, but I suppose maybe I watch too many horror flicks lol.

"It's because you got no guts. Oh, how embarrassing... there they are. They were inside you the whole time. You did have guts. I've never been so wrong in my whole life!"

ReplyQuote
scarygothgirl
Active Scholar
08/04/2017 6:52 pm  

The toxoplasma virus possibly is a version of this in humans. In mice it changes their brains so that they are not scared of cats, because the virus can only reproduce in cats. Studies have shown that humans who have the virus in their brain are more likely to be cat-lovers (which is obvious given that you get it from cats), and also that they are more likely to be risk-takers and thrill seekers (e.g. into skydiving and other 'dangerous' activities).

www.Ungendered.com - We care about what's in a person's heart, not their pants!

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register