The Dyatlov Pass Incident  

RSS

nightshade
(@nightshade)
Trusted Scholar
07/11/2016 3:31 pm  

First of all, I want to say thank you to Paranormal Scholar for adding the 'Mysteries' section! 🙂

And now to the topic.

Anyone fascinated by the 'Dyatlov Pass Incident' case? It intrigues me to no end. I've watch documentaries on it, youtube videos and read about it on all different web pages.

What do you think the possibilities are that caused the hikers deaths? There are of course many different suggestions: Avalanche, military experiment gone wrong, hypothermia... some even say a Bigfoot or aliens did it. There are also natives to the mountains where the hikers died and many believe it could have also been them that killed the hikers, as they have apparently been known to be very hostile people.

I'm not sure what I believe. I just find it disturbing that one hiker was missing parts of their face - nose, tongue etc. It's just too bizarre. The fact they seemed to have much higher radiation levels on their clothing just confuses matters even more.

Any thoughts? 

For those who may be new to the Dyatlov Pass Incident:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmDsrFQwlEg

Edited: 1 year  ago

"It's because you got no guts. Oh, how embarrassing... there they are. They were inside you the whole time. You did have guts. I've never been so wrong in my whole life!"

ReplyQuote
The Paranormal Scholar
(@the-paranormal-scholar)
Trusted Scholar Admin
07/11/2016 6:40 pm  

The Dyatlov Pass Incident is one of my favourite paranormal mysteries.

We did touch on it briefly in one of our videos, but have been wanting to do a longer piece on it for a while. There is just so much going on in the case. Which has led to a variety of theories.

There are also natives to the mountains where the hikers died and many believe it could have also been them that killed the hikers, as they have apparently been known to be very hostile people.

The local people, the Mansi, have been known to be hostile to people in the past. However, the injuries which the hikers sustained were not consistent with person-on-person violence. Soft tissue damage, for example, was absent. Rather, there was large amounts on damage caused by a large "compelling force" (something in line with a car crash). What could have caused this? An avalanche could be the case. But, there are aspects of the incident which do not add up with this.

I believe I am correct in saying that investigators spoke with the Mansi who told them that they had seen a group of people pass along the same trail as the hikers some time afterwards. Who were these people? Another suspicious element.

Something which has always intrigued me about this case is its relation to the Perm Anomalous Zone (PAZ). We have written about this in regards to UFO phenomena, but there is a lot more to this region than just that. I am not sure 100 per cent if the areas overlap (or even if PAZ has a set boundary), but the Perm Anomalous Zone is within the region of the Ural Mountains, as is Dyatlov Pass. Is something truly bizarre going on in this area? And, are all of the reports of strange behaviour (including the Dyatlov Pass Incident) linked?

- going beyond the scope of accepted scientific understanding -

nightshade liked
ReplyQuote
nightshade
(@nightshade)
Trusted Scholar
07/11/2016 7:04 pm  

It really is such a confusing case. There are so many contradictions. 

This is the first I am learning of other people going along the same trail as the hikers not long afterwards - how interesting. It certainly adds more mystery to the case, considering no one has come forward to say it was them! Makes you wonder what their intentions were.

Another thing that bothers me about the case is why was the area closed off for 3 years? That's a damn long time to close off an area. I have a sneaking suspicion it may be government related, but I suppose it will always be speculation. 

I wish it was possible to find out what truly happened to these poor people.

"It's because you got no guts. Oh, how embarrassing... there they are. They were inside you the whole time. You did have guts. I've never been so wrong in my whole life!"

ReplyQuote
nightshade
(@nightshade)
Trusted Scholar
07/11/2016 7:05 pm  

I forgot to say, I'm intrigued now by Perm Anomalous Zone now. Going to read up on it.

ReplyQuote
The Paranormal Scholar
(@the-paranormal-scholar)
Trusted Scholar Admin
10/11/2016 4:44 pm  

I know that the last time I researched this case I read about the Mansi people's reports and thought a similar thing (I just cannot remember where I read it!).

Thinking about a government conspiracy, the medical records for the condition of the hikers' internal organs have never been released. I am assuming that they exist, as the other autopsy reports indicate that full examinations were conducted (so why forget internal organs?). Could this signal government involvement? Perhaps something to do with nuclear testing? One testimony, of someone who saw at five of the bodies as a child at the funerals, reports that the corpses' skin had a peculiar tinge to it, almost like a deep sun tan. This then-child now runs the Dyatlov Foundation, and has been attempting to report the case for some time.

I forgot to say, I'm intrigued now by Perm Anomalous Zone now. Going to read up on it.

The Perm Anomalous Zone is certainly one of those places that provides more questions than answers!

- going beyond the scope of accepted scientific understanding -

nightshade liked
ReplyQuote
nightshade
(@nightshade)
Trusted Scholar
13/11/2016 1:02 am  

If his account is accurate, then the discoloured corpses truly is confusing. It seems every time people try to study this case, they always end up with more questions than answers.

ReplyQuote
scarygothgirl
(@scarygothgirl)
Active Scholar
06/01/2017 9:39 pm  

For me the mystery disappeared after discovering that local villagers saw what looked like military weapons testing in the area. Of course the government denied this being true, but it wouldn't be the first time a government lied about military testing.

www.Ungendered.com - We care about what's in a person's heart, not their pants!

ReplyQuote
nightshade
(@nightshade)
Trusted Scholar
10/01/2017 3:15 pm  
Posted by: scarygothgirl

For me the mystery disappeared after discovering that local villagers saw what looked like military weapons testing in the area. Of course the government denied this being true, but it wouldn't be the first time a government lied about military testing.

Since there is no confirmation of what actually happened to them, and due to the combination of contradicting factors of this case (despite knowledge of military experimentation) this remains a mystery. 

ReplyQuote
shibbashabba
(@shibbashabba)
Novice Scholar
02/03/2018 6:41 pm  

I think it was a military operation of some sort, perhaps even a field test of a new weapon.

Concussive weapons could cause the type of damage described (the "compelling force"), wildlife eating some of the remains afterwards could account for some of the other descriptions (especially the soft tissue damage, eyes, tongue, lips, etc).

Radiation is interesting and perhaps the result of weapon of some sort?

But there were no other footprints... why were folks barefoot...  What if, a helicopter scared the crap out of people, causing them to flee from their tents in terror AND THEN they were killed one by one?  Either by a mounted weapon of some sort or person/people operating weapons from within the helicopter.

It's all very intriguing and I'm sure I'm incorrect, but that's what makes this particular mystery so fascinating.

ReplyQuote
shibbashabba
(@shibbashabba)
Novice Scholar
02/03/2018 10:20 pm  

I see some other sites have parachute mines as a possibility...  That would make sense as well - the explosions would freak folks out and might cause them to flee.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register