The Hum  

RSS

nightshade
Trusted Scholar
05/12/2016 7:34 pm  

Hi.

Anyone curious about the Hum? I have seen lots of different explanations about what it could be, but have you ever experienced it yourself? If so, what do you think it is?

"It's because you got no guts. Oh, how embarrassing... there they are. They were inside you the whole time. You did have guts. I've never been so wrong in my whole life!"

ReplyQuote
The Paranormal Scholar
Trusted Scholar Admin
07/12/2016 4:16 pm  

According to some news reports, the 'Hum' can have such a destructive effect that it has driven a few people to suicide. I have never heard it myself, but I feel this fact illustrates how frustrating and life-disturbing this noise can be.

Since reports of this phenomena have been increasing since the 1960s, it does make me wonder if it is not connected to technology in some way. Thinking about all of the machines, wiring etc. which are present in our households, could it not be a disturbing frequency from one (or a combination) of these devices, which certain individuals are more sensitive to? This newspaper article from the 1990s  specifies that it is more apparent in the countryside and at night. This could be because all other background noise sources (cars, people talking etc.) are minimised in these areas and during the later hours.

It would be interesting to find out how far back accounts of this noise really go.

- going beyond the scope of accepted scientific understanding -

nightshade liked
ReplyQuote
nightshade
Trusted Scholar
07/12/2016 5:47 pm  

I found it really disturbing when I read that someone took their own life due to the Hum - to think it made such an affect on someone is really saddening.

I have also wondered that maybe it's electrical currents in the air that some people are more sensitive to, since, when you think about it, electricity is everywhere (in walls, floors etc when inside, power lines and power boxes outside etc.)

I have a few times heard a humming noise, sort of like it comes in waves, but I am convinced that it's an electric box a few yards across the road from where my house is, so not sure if it's the same sort of sound other people hearing the Hum can hear or not.

I have heard that people say the Hum sounds like a Diesel's engine idling, to be honest the noise I have heard a few times sounds nothing like that. 

It's strange all the same.

Edited: 1 year  ago

"It's because you got no guts. Oh, how embarrassing... there they are. They were inside you the whole time. You did have guts. I've never been so wrong in my whole life!"

ReplyQuote
scarygothgirl
Eminent Scholar
06/01/2017 9:43 pm  

I've never heard of it, would this be something you'd consider making a video on?

In The Mothman Prophesies John Keel talks about the possibility that many paranormal experiences are caused by hypnosis, and that there may be certain frequencies of light or sound (possibly even naturally occurring) that can put people into a hypnotically suggestible state.

www.Ungendered.com - We care about what's in a person's heart, not their pants!

ReplyQuote
nightshade
Trusted Scholar
12/01/2017 9:28 pm  

Yeah you should read up on the Hum. It's an interesting phenomenon.

ReplyQuote
Daisy
Novice Scholar
31/03/2017 5:52 am  

I always thought it was normal. I thought everyone heard a hum all the time. I hear it everywhere. I have lived in some very remote places in Canada. I have always heard a hum. I changes in intensity with location, but also with time of day, and greatly with temperature. I suddenly feel like a wierdo, lol

nightshade liked
ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register